Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Angel My Baby

Last month I wrote an article - Never Take This For Granted which I recorded what my kids and husband had came to appreciate my principle of "Never Take This For Granted". Yesterday, I received an email from a woman asking me to share about how I
executed the "Never Take This For Granted"principle.

Well, as a remembrance for my daughter's 14th birthday, which is on 19th April, I shall share about how this
"Never Take This For Granted" principle saved a baby's life fourteen years ago.

About one year into our marriage in 1993, both my husband and I were eagerly planning for our new family. Our hope came quickly and I was nine weeks pregnant when I was first tested positive. We were both definitely delighted for a new arrival.

Unfortunately, on the following week, which was to confirm my pregnancy, the gynecologist pronounced my baby dead. It is classified as 'still-born' and the fetus was clinically removed within two days.

I cried secretly for a whole week and when I caught my husband drunk and crying one night after work, I decided that it is time to overcome the sorrow of a lost-love. I have to conceived again, and this time I had to make it a success birth. For him, for me, for my baby.

Within a few months, I got pregnant again. My husband was purely delighted, again but for me, I became anticipative, not that I wasn't happy in any degree. For on the one hand, I wanted to enjoy pregnancy, but on the other hand I had to subconsciously be prepared for the worst, again.
I quit from my job then.

Fortunately, I was paranoid enough to pester my new gynecologist about my pregnancy history each time I visited him. I don't want to Take For Granted that he knows my history, which was supposedly written clearly in my record.

I merely lived and waited patiently for the baby's growth, for a full forty weeks. Towards the last week, everything seems normal and 'the baby is growing as charted' - that's what I was told.

However, on the last day of the fortieth week, there was still no sign of arrival of my baby. She had quietened down much, very much and my gynecologist explained that that was due to the size of baby in my womb being larger thus restricting her movement.

I doubted so. I started to worry for her stillness. I had been monitoring her movement and I doesn't want to Take her life For Granted.

I insisted that something was wrong with this stillness but my gynecologist kept insisting that it was within normal range. My logical-brain wanted me to listen to my gynecologist, the professional who had helped delivered hundreds of babies for over twenty years rather than the small little voice who had never given birth plus one failed attempt.

But my baby was telling me something else. that something was definitely wrong!

Had I
Taken My Baby's Message For Granted, my family won't be a complete one like it is now. We would had lost my angelic-baby, my daughter that is, and there won't be a son after that.

My gynecologist finally gave in to my insistence and induced the delivery. He was shocked when my daughter came out. She had her umbilical cord wound around her neck three times and had passed stool on her birth, which was her sign of distressed. She could have been lost within any second had I Take Anything For Granted.

Fourteen years since then, I still held this lesson in heart and keep it in mind to share it with any woman who wanted to understand this principle of Never Take This For Granted.


With
Angelic LOVE,

Monica,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doreen Virtue Angel Day